Repair of Kiln Controllers
Bartlett Instrument may be able to repair your malfunctioning controller.
The following are guidelines for returning your controller:
- Call or e-mail Steve Isaacson at Bartlett Instrument for an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number.
- Turn off power to the controller/kiln before removing.
- Remove controller from kiln or control box.
- Remove the screws at the corners of the keypad.
- Pull controller out toward you. If possible, this is a good time to take a picture of all the connections. This is very helpful when you receive the repaired controller back.
- Be sure to label all wires so they can be reattached correctly when the controller is reinstalled.
- Disconnect the thermocouple wires, transformer wires, and output wires.
- Complete all the fields marked with an asterisk.
- If you are not sure how to complete a field, please call us at 319-372-8366.
- The controller, especially when not attached to the kiln, has parts which are susceptible to damage due to static charges, therefore the controller should not be wrapped in plastic or Styrofoam. We also advise you NOT to use packing peanuts, as they are generally statically-charged. Newspaper works well for packing if you don't have anti-static packaging.